Meet me at the corner of First and Edgar!
It’s been a LONG time coming!
Dedicated to boosting Edgar Martinez’s candidacy into the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame. For now anyways, since there’s no baseball happening at First and Edgar!
This site is dedicated to one of the greatest baseball players to ever wear a Seattle Mariners uniform, and one of the all-time greatest hitters ever, Edgar Martinez. A summer mecca, Safeco Field stands firm at the corner of First Avenue and Edgar Martinez Drive in beautiful downtown Seattle and is the home of Major League Baseball’s Seattle Mariners.
Here are several links with far more information on why Edgar Martinez deserves to be in MLB’s HOF.
- Jay Jaffe, Sports Illustrated, says screw the DH – it’s Edgar time!
- Daily Ace Report – Edgar Martinez HOF
- Bound for Cooperstown – Edgar Martinez #11, Designated hitter.
- Why Edgar belongs in Cooperstown – David Shoenfield, ESPN.com
- Joe Posnanski from Sports Illustrated makes a case for Edgar Martinez to be enshrined into the HOF.
- Let’s Talk About Edgar – ProspectInsider.com
- Samantha Carr’s article on the official HOF site.
- Seattle P-I reporter David Andriesen reminds people that Edgar’s career .419 On-base percentage is “The same career mark as Stan Musial and Wade Boggs.”
- Edgar For HOF on Twitter.
- Lynn Henning from the Detroit News on why Edgar Martinez deserves HOF honors.
- 710 ESPN Mariners’ Beat Reporter Shannon Drayer blogs about Edgar Martinez, whose candidacy she discusses with Mariners executive and statistical guru Tony Blengino.
- The Baseball Analysts’ Michael Weddell examines wOPS+ (weighted OPS+) and affirms Edgar Martinez’s HOF candidacy.
- The Seattle Mariners official information packet/fact sheet declaring Edgar Martinez as a Hall of Fame candidate (PDF).
- The News Tribune Beat Writer, Ryan Divish, wishes he had a vote.